Harde / Haritaki Vegan Capsules
An invigorating and revitalising fruit, one part of the classic Ayurvedic trifecta Triphala, Harde is highly regarded for its ability to support natural internal cleansing, healthy elimination, and digestive regularity while providing energy, nourishment, and rejuvenation. Harde is a superb partner to the Vata dosha. Traditionally, communities consume Harde for long periods of time, spanning several years, such is its reverence as a vitality-inducing tonic.
In Ayurveda Haritaki/Harde is referred to as a herbaceous plant used primarily in various medicinal formulations to aid digestion. In Ayurveda, the philosophy of longevity is described in the Charka Samhita in that it possesses five rasas, or tastes, out of the existing six as described in the Charka Samhita. These tastes are, respectively, sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent; Haritaki being devoid of the salty taste only. Haritaki is hot, carminative, and it is light, working as an appetiser bringing about the stimulation of digestion, digestive, promoter of life. Considered a herbal tonic helping in the sustenance of youthful age, it's believed to provide strength to all the sense organs.
Botanical name: Terminal Chebula
Common names used: Haritake / Harde / Harar / Harada / Black Myrobalan / Chebulic Myrobalan
Traditional uses, remedies, and practices include:
- Regular consumption of haritaki powder, fried in ghee, promotes longevity and boosts energy.
- Haritaki is combined with sunthi powder and hot water to lighten asthma and hiccups.
- Its decoction, when taken along with honey, is of great help in hepatitis and obesity.
- Its powder, when mixed with honey and ghee, is an effective remedy for anaemia.
- Powdered haritaki, mixed with jaggery, works well for gout.
- It responds well to gastrointestinal ailments.
- The herb improves memory and is salutary in dysuria and urinary stones.
- Haritaki helps in improving appetite and helps indigestion.
- It is a good nervine and helps in nervous weakness and nervous irritability and promotes the receiving power of the five senses.
- Since it is anti-inflammatory and astringent, it is helpful in urethral discharges like spermatorrhea and vaginal discharges like leucorrhea.
How to use:
2 Capsules before bedtime with plenty of warm water.