Karela Vegan Capsules
Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) is best known for the light bitter flavour it imparts to savoury dishes in traditional tropical cuisine. Also known as Karela, this vegetable is closely related to the cucumber. The bitter bite of Karela cleanses and clears excess Kapha, stimulates digestion, and supports Pitta and Vata wellness.
About Hesh's Karela Capsules
- Ethically Sourced
- Fairly Traded Ingredients
- 100% Plant-Based
- BPA Free
- Sustainably Cultivated
- Suitable for Vegans
Ayurvedic Profile of Karela
- Guna (Quality): Dry, light
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, pungent
- Virya (energy): Hot
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
Q. What is Karela?
A. Karela is a type of vegetable that is also known as bitter melon. It has a unique taste that some people describe as bitter, hence the name "bitter melon." The plant is grown in different parts of the world, including Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean, and is commonly used in cooking.
Ayurveda believes that karela has certain health benefits, including helping to manage blood sugar levels. So, even though it may not taste the best, it can still be a healthy and important part of our diets.
Q. Should I buy Karela Powder or capsules?
A. Karela powder is just dried and ground up bitter gourd, which you can use to make tea or add to smoothies and other drinks. Capsules are a convenient way to take Karela if you don't like the taste of bitter gourd. They contain the same active ingredients as the powder, just in a smaller, more concentrated form.
So, the decision between powder or capsules comes down to personal preference. If you like the taste of bitter gourd, the powder may be a better choice for you. But if you don't like the taste, the capsules might be more convenient.
Q. What are Karela Capsules prepared from?
A. Hesh's Karela Capsules are made from a type of vegetable called bitter gourd or bitter melon. The vegetable is sliced and dried, and then ground into a powder. This powder is put into the capsules to make it easier for you to take. The capsules are used to help with different health issues, like improving your blood sugar levels.
Q. What are the benefits of Karela?
A. Karela is used for its many benefits, which include:
- Karela is rich in vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant and contributes to boosting immunity, maintaining brain health, and facilitating tissue recovery.
- The primary constituents of Karela have been identified as having the capability to decrease glucose levels in the blood and help with diabetes. These include polypeptide-p, charantin, and vicine.
- Karela juice contains high levels of antioxidants, such as Vitamin C and Provitamin A, that play a crucial role in promoting skin health and aiding in wound healing.