In Ayurvedic tradition, daily consumption of the Amla fruit has been said to help boost metabolism, aid in weight loss, and increase skin and body health.
Amla is an antioxidant-rich superfruit, known for its supremely high levels of Vitamin C. Within Ayurveda, it is considered both a detoxifying and rejuvenative remedy. With its cooling and cleansing effects, Amla helps to relieve excess pitta (heat and inflammation) throughout the GI tract, stomach, and digestive system. Amla powder is generally taken in place of Triphala by those with excess heat in the digestive tract. It also cleanses the colon, eliminating excess toxins and heat while supporting healthy bowel movements.
This superfruit is well known for boasting natural antioxidants which help deeply nourish and support the body's tissues, including eyes, bones, blood, teeth, hair and nails. It is believed to support the proper function of the liver, spleen, pancreas, heart, and lungs. Traditionally, Amla is used to increase energy levels, improve vision and rejuvenate the mind.
- Improves general health and bolsters the immune system
- Helpful against skin diseases and promotes skin's glow
- Provides nourishment to the nerves, tissues, and internal functions
- Enhances body metabolism and increases energy levels
- Enhances alertness, concentration and memory
- Acts as an analgesic agent by suppressing pain and swelling
- Detoxifies the body through Amla’s antioxidant properties
- Has several anti-aging benefits
Add 0.5-1 teaspoon (1.75 - 3.5g) to water, juice, smoothies or sprinkle over cereals.