Ashwagandha has a long history of usage in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. Ashwagandha thrives in the sandy, loamy soils of the drier, more temperate parts of India. It is the best herb for nourishing Vata and is used in all Vata disorders affecting the bones, back, knees, hips, ears, and colon. The botanical species suffix somnifera refers to its relaxing, sleep-promoting properties.
About Hesh's Ashwagandha Powder
- Ethically Sourced
- Fairly Traded Ingredients
- 100% Plant-Based
- BPA Free
- Sustainably Cultivated
- Suitable for Vegans
Ayurvedic Profile of Ashwagandha
- Guna (Quality): Light, buttery
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, Astringent
- Virya (energy): Heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Sweet
Q. Should I buy Ashwagandha Powder or capsules?
A. Hesh Ashwagandha Powder is prepared from ethically sourced Ashwagandha roots from India. The powder is ideal for people who want to complement it with another edible item, such as oats or smoothies. Capsules are better suited for people who wish to avoid the powder's bitter taste and get a pre-measured and consistent dose every day.
Q. What is Ashwagandha Powder prepared from?
A. Ashwagandha powder is prepared from the roots of the Withania somnifera plant. The roots are dried and then ground to create a fine powder, also known as churna. We then pack this powder in a controlled process and deliver the final product to your doorstep.
Q. What is Ashwagandha?
A. Ashwagandha, also called Withania Somnifera, is a plant with a long history of use in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It is widely used during the treatment of anxiety, insomnia, and stress.
It has long been used as an adaptogen and stress-reducing agent. In recent years, there has been growing interest in Ashwagandha among people looking to improve their mood and emotional well-being.
Q. Is it okay to use Ashwagandha powder during pregnancy?
A. It is not recommended to use Ashwagandha powder if you are an expecting mother or if you are breastfeeding. It is best to consult your GP before starting the intake of Ashwagandha powder as a health supplement.
Q. What are the ingredients of Ashwagandha powder?
A. Hesh Ashwagandha powder contains 100% pure and natural Ashwagandha root extracts. The powder contains no added preservatives or chemicals and is completely suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Q. What are the benefits of Ashwagandha powder?
A. Ashwagandha is a wonderful herb for overall health and well-being. It may be deeply supportive of many tissues and systems within the body, including the immune system, reproductive system, a healthy thyroid, and more.
- Ashwagandha may benefit and support immune health and is often used in Ayurvedic medicine to support the immune system. Nourishing the immune system is great for people who experience chronic infections and ailments.
- It may support healthy thyroid function, which makes it useful for people with an underactive thyroid gland, or hypothyroidism, as well as people who are at risk of developing low thyroid function.
- Diabetes can be controlled with proper management. Ashwagandha is also known to support healthy blood sugar levels, which makes it a great herb for people with diabetes.
- Stress and increased cortisol levels can cause fatigue and result in difficulty sleeping. Ashwagandha may provide an energizing yet soothing effect on the body, promoting a healthy nervous system.