Black Seed Oil - 100% Virgin - Cold Pressed
Cold-pressed from organically cultivated black seeds, Hesh's black seed oil is created from the genuinely extraordinary plant Nigella Sativa, often known as kalonji or black seed.
In the 6th century, the prophet Muhammad was reported to have said, "Hold on to the use of the black seed for it has a remedy for every illness except death."
We offer the best black seed oil in the UK, which is natural and unrefined, preserving all of its original greenish-yellow colour, spicy fragrance, and complete nutritional value. This premium oil has a delightfully spicy flavour and is naturally a rich source of Omega 3.
About Hesh's Black Seed Oil
- Ethically Sourced
- Fairly Traded Ingredients
- 100% Plant-Based
- BPA Free
- Sustainably Cultivated
- Suitable for Vegans
Ayurvedic Profile of Black Seed Oil
- Guna (Quality): Dry, light
- Rasa (taste): Pungent, bitter
- Virya (energy): Heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
Black Seed Oil FAQs
Q. How to use Black Seed Oil?
A. For adults 14 years and above, 5ml is to be taken twice daily before food.
For children Under 14, 2.5ml daily before food is advisable but can be mixed with food.
Add honey, milk, juice, or a hot beverage. You may also use it in regular cooking. It may be used in formulations for natural cosmetics and is ideal for boosting your intake of vital fatty acids on a regular basis.
Q. How is black seed oil prepared?
A. Black seed oil is prepared from the seeds of the Nigella sativa plant, also known as black cumin. The seeds are cold-pressed to extract the oil, which is dark in colour and has a slightly bitter taste. Black seed oil has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for various health benefits and is commonly used as a dietary supplement.
The cold-pressing process involves mechanically crushing the seeds and using a press to extract the oil. The oil is collected and filtered to remove any impurities or debris. This process helps to preserve the natural potency and composition of the oil.
The resulting black seed oil is unrefined, meaning that it has not undergone any chemical or heat treatments to alter its composition. Unrefined black seed oil is commonly referred to as "virgin" or "pure" black seed oil, and is considered to be of the highest quality and potency.
Q. What are black seeds?
A. Black seeds are seeds of the Nigella Sativa plant. The Nigella sativa plant is an annual flowering plant that is native to Southwest Asia and the Mediterranean region. The plant produces small, black, and triangular seeds that are used in various traditional medicine systems, including Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha, as well as in Middle Eastern and African cuisines. The seeds can be consumed whole or ground, and the oil extracted from the seeds is also commonly used for its health benefits.
Q. What are the benefits of black seed oil?
A. Used for centuries, black seed oil has many health benefits:
- It has been observed that the use of topical solutions containing honey and black seed oil, especially in combination, can enhance the healing process and accelerate the recovery of wounds.
- Black seed oil is commonly found in hair care products aimed at preventing hair loss, such as hair masks and shampoos. This is due to its properties as an antibacterial and antioxidant substance.
- The benefits of black seed oil for the skin have been well documented. One of its key uses is to assist in the treatment of Vitiligo, a skin condition characterized by the loss of skin pigmentation.
- Recently, there has been a noticeable impact observed regarding the decrease in weight when taking the Black Seed supplement.
- In managing diabetes, black seed oil can serve as a supplement to the oral antidiabetic drugs being taken.
Good product. Waiting for full effects.